For International Orders Please WhtatsApp On
+91 76529 22771
Quick Weight Loss After Pregnancy - Lose 20 Pounds Of Stubborn FAT
Weight loss after pregnancy is something that most new moms want but struggle to do. It is completely natural to absolutely love your baby and love being a mom but wanting to get your body back into shape. When you have a new baby and you are struggling with the extra load of things that need to be done each day all the while getting barely any sleep, finding time to look after yourself can seem impossible.
No one should look at the examples set by the celebrities who lose all the weight within a month of giving birth, this is unrealistic and even dangerous, but aiming to get back to a healthy weight is important. Keeping the weight on puts you at risk of many lifestyle diseases that can be avoided by being healthy. When the weight is off you’ll have more energy and it will be easier to keep up with your little one.
It may seem daunting, but just by making small changes you can drop the weight quickly and easily without anything overshadowing your joy.
The Science Of Weight Loss After Pregnancy
Never count calories for weight loss because weight loss is more about doing what is healthy for your body and in that way boosting your metabolism and less about counting calories, but the body does work in this way:
Calories IN (FOOD) = BMR + TEF + TEA + NEAT (Calories OUT).
When your calories intake is equal to your calories spent, you maintain your body weight. The same goes when you burn more calories than you take in, you will lose weight, and if you eat more calories than you burn, you will pick up weight. I will get to what BMR, TEF, TEA, and NEAT are soon. But first I want to tell you that dieting is not the way to go about losing weight.
Why You Should Not Count Calories
When you are a new mom, you do not have the time to count calories. You also should not be depriving your body of the extra calories it needs, particularly if you are breastfeeding. Breastfeeding, if you are able to, is good for your baby’s immunity as mother’s milk is designed to see to a baby’s every nutritional need, and is good for your health too.
If you cut your calories by 1000 which results in a 1 kg (2.2 lb) weight loss in a week, your body will think that you are starving and slow down your metabolism. You’ll also end up deprived and hungry. The only way you take in calories is by eating food, but there are many ways that your body burns calories. BMR = Basal metabolic rate. This is the number of calories your body uses to sustain you as a human being.
Thinking, breathing, body temperature, basically everything that keeps you alive. people with more muscles have higher BMR. This is why men tend to lose weight more easily than women. Building muscle by doing resistance exercise is one of the best ways to boost your BMR. If you just delivered a baby, or you have a back pain, this option is not immediately available for you, but do not worry, there are other things that you can do to start losing weight after delivery.
How To Speed Up Your Metabolism
If you speed up your metabolism, there is no need to obsess over calories. You deserve to enjoy this special time in your life.
1. Consume A Detox Drink Before Meals
This will help to digest food and absorb all the nutrients properly. The beauty of this drink is that it is not only for weight loss, it helps to prevent 22 other health conditions including cholesterol problems, high blood pressure, thyroid problems, and liver problems. This drink is, Apple Cider Vinegar with Ginger lemon Honey and Garlic, Buy here
2. HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training)
Do, HIIT twice a week. Aim to get your heart rate higher for 30 seconds and then lower for 90 seconds and repeat. You can use any exercise to do this. Squats holding your baby for 30 seconds and then resting for 90 seconds. You can also take your baby for a walk in his or her pram. Walk fast and then slow for a 30/90 second split or go fast around half the park and then slow for a full round of the park.
You can also use a treadmill, an elliptical trainer, or you can swim. Whatever suits you. I understand if you cannot run and for the first few weeks, strenuous exercise should not be done. Walking is a gentle exercise and you may find that your baby is calmer when you walk with him or her. It can lull them to sleep gently.
You can work your way up from there once you can. In the beginning, even 10 minutes is beneficial. HIIT workouts can be quite strenuous and rarely last more than 30 minutes at a time. It’s a great way to exercise when you are a busy mom.
3. TEF (Thermic Effect Of Food)
This is the number of calories that your body burns by digesting food. Protein takes the most calories to digest. The effect, however, is so small that it is not really worth your time. Protein does, however, help you to stay fuller for longer.
4. TEA (Thermic Effect Of Activity)
Calories burnt during deliberate physical activity done as an exercise. Walking, jumping, running, etc. Exercise is good for your body and should be done, but you should not rely solely on exercise to reach your weight loss goals. This study shows that using just exercise for weight loss does not work. When you have just exercised, you tend to feel hungry and eat more calories than what you have just burned.
5. NEAT (Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis)
This is any movement that you make that isn’t intended to be exercised. Here how to increase your NEAT:
- Walk whenever the car is not required (good weather and short distances).
- Walk while talking over the phone.
- Stand while you have conversations.
- Using a standing desk for work if you have a desk job.
- Invite a friend for a walk then for Chai instead of sitting down for your tea the whole time.
- Play with your baby.
- Put some music on and then cook food, it will make you dance around the kitchen adding extra enjoyment to cooking.
3 More Powerful Weight Loss Tips
These simple tips will make weight loss after baby easier:
- Get Proper Sleep: For better sleep, I never consumed any tea after 3 pm. One of the first things I did was bought a bed for my baby as a baby can disturb your sleep when sleeping in the same bed as you. You should also try to sleep when your baby does, you can find other times to clean or do other tasks. Ask family members to help out.
- Don't Snack: Your hunger should be your monitor and not your calories. If you feel like snacking, just look back at what you ate. Protein, fiber, and fats are very satiating. Look at which one you were missing and be sure to increase it next time. Stay hydrated. Get at least 6-8 glasses of water and/or herbal teas per day. Sometimes we are actually thirsty, not hungry.
- Do Not Eat Carbs In The Morning: Eat only saturated fats and proteins. Saturated fats have positive effects on your leptin sensitivity. Eggs and veggie scramble make a great breakfast. If you are vegan, try soaked chia seeds in yogurt with some berries. Each meal should contain mostly veggies, a good source of protein like grass-fed meat, beans, or soaked nuts and seeds, and healthy fats.
I would love to hear from you. Please let me know how it’s going in the comment section below. You can also check out my YouTube channel for more awesome tips!