Keto Diet India: Beginners Guide to Keto Diet Plan and Grocery List
- Are you looking for a keto diet India? With a few simple swaps, you can easily go into ketosis. No need for fancy foods, just simple Indian foods.
- Your first question might even be what is a keto diet? I will answer this and give you a keto diet plan plus a shopping list.
I was in ketosis for 6 years and even when I took a brief break from the keto diet, my body had become so flexible that I could get back into ketosis within 24 hours. You can check out this video below to see me getting into ketosis on camera.
Ketosis For Beginners
Ketosis, or keto, is the state where your body burns fat for energy instead of carbs. This is achieved by eating very little carbs, only up to 10 % of your macro (protein, fat, and carbs) should be carbs 20% protein and 70% fat. A diet structured like this is called the ketogenic or keto diet. To put it into perspective, most people eat around 70% carbs.
Unlike low carb which is anything under 100 g of carbs, to reach ketosis, you need to eat very few carbs otherwise your body will still rely mostly on carbs for fuel. On average it takes about 5-7 days to transition into ketosis. It all boils down to what you have on your plate.
- Bulletproof Coffee
- Bone Broth
- Cauliflower Poha
- Eggs with side veggies
- Salads with olive oil dressing and paneer
- A green smoothie with coconut oil and seeds
- Vegetables with olive oil dressing and piece of fish
- A non-vegetarian option with side vegetables
- Vegetarian spinach soup with side vegetables
- Paneer Paratha with veggies
Note For Non-vegetarians:
Choose the fatty cut of meats. Lamb is the number one on the list. Do not overdo it with the protein. Example do not consume more than 3 chicken wings
Drinking apple cider vinegar before each meal can help improve digestion and aids weight loss. You can get your own bottle of my Apple Cider Vinegar which includes more helpful herbs and spices to aid digestion and weight loss here.