How to Lose Weight Fast (Weight-loss, Diabetes, Acidity, Cholesterol, Anti-Aging)
- If you are wondering How to lose weight fast and be full of energy without counting calories, you should try the 16-hour fast diet.
- As long as you do the fast correctly, you will gain many benefits. Intermittent fasting can easily become a lifestyle which results in you being at your best.
- Learn all about how to do the 16-hour fast here.
Losing weight is hard and sometimes it seems like no matter what you do the weight just won’t come off. While this could be a thyroid problem, it can also be due to the fact that you are not eating in a manner that your body was designed to eat. Essentially, because of the timing of your meals, your body is not using the food and energy you eat effectively.
This is where the 16-hour fast diet comes in. Basically, this is where you fast for 16 hours and then have 8 hours in which to eat. This may sound counter-productive especially since we have been told to constantly eat during the day and eat breakfast to keep our metabolisms active, but studies show that at least in the short term, intermittent fasting can actually speed up your metabolism.
Not eating for 16 hours straight also sounds very hectic at first, but as I explain how to do this and as your body adapts, you will see that this is not bad at all. Our bodies are designed to eat this way. Our ancestors didn’t always have access to food at all hours of the day or night like we do now. This is how they ate and they thrived and were far healthier than we are today.
Intermittent Fasting Benefits
- Lose Weight Without Starving: You will lose weight without having to restrict your portions or calories. While you should never overeat, there is no need for counting calories. You will achieve a slight deficit in calories automatically or even eat the same amount of calories and still lose weight because of the effect intermittent fasting has on your metabolism.
- Rev Your metabolism: Your metabolism will be faster since your body will use the energy from the food you do eat more efficiently.
- Boost HGH: Your levels of human growth hormone will be boosted. This is because fasting for 14-16 hours puts your cells under stress and the body releases human growth hormone in response to this just as it does when you do HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training). This slows down aging, promotes weight loss, and improves overall health.
- Burn Fat: Your body switches over to burning fat since your body will run out of the glycogen (the stored form of glucose/ carbohydrates) stored in your liver and muscles and need to use fat as energy.
- Improved Insulin Sensitivity: This is important as insulin resistance leads to weight gain.
- Convenience: You do not need to spend all day thinking about eating and preparing multiple meals. With the 16-hour fast method, you only eat two larger meals.
- Continue To Build Muscle And Be Active: You do not need to worry about being able to be very active or whether or not you can build muscle while doing the 16-hour fast regularly. Your body will thrive and have the energy and nutrients to build muscle or maintain an active lifestyle as long as you eat correctly.
- Energy: Because your body will be using energy more efficiently, you will find that you have more energy.
How To Do The 16 Hour Fast Diet
Intermittent fasting for weight loss will only work if you do it correctly. If you do not, you run the risk of picking up weight or causing an imbalance in your hormones. But don’t worry, it is very simple.
- Skip Breakfast: Stop eating within 3 hours of bedtime and let lunch or brunch be your first meal of the day. You do not absolutely have to stick to this way of doing it, but it does make it easier since you are asleep for a large portion of the time.
- Eat Healthily: Cut out junk food and processed food as much as you can. Eating a low carb high-fat diet works best. This means you can eat foods that contain healthy fats like avocado, eggs, bacon, coconut oil, grass-fed beef, wild-caught fish, soaked nuts and seeds, and fill up with lots of vegetables. The paleo diet is also good especially if you do weight training.
- Eat Substantially: Make sure that you add fat and protein to your meals. If you are only eating salads or say a vegetable soup which is naturally very low in calories, you will end up starving your body. You do not need to overeat, stop when your body says you are full. It is about eating the right foods rather than starving your body.
- Exercise: Your body will have enough energy from the meals that you are eating during your 8-hour feasting stage.
- Start Slowly: If it is your goal to do this every day, that is fine, but you may need to start off doing it 2-3 days out of the week and then adding on an extra day each time your body has adapted.
- Stick To It: In the beginning, you may feel a little hungry or be tempted to eat out of habit. Your body will not adapt if you give in every time. If you are eating correctly during the feasting stage it is unlikely that you will be hungry or have any cravings.
- Find What Works For You: Some people like to do the 16-hour fast 7 days a week, some only 2 days a week. Your body will tell you what is right for you. For most people, once their bodies adapt, they will be able to do it 7 days a week. But you may find that 3-4 days out of the week is best for you once you have adapted.
Women And Intermittent Fasting
You may have been scared off by many people claiming that intermittent fasting will mess up your hormones. Us women do have a more delicate balance of hormones in our bodies. It does not take much to cause an imbalance, for example, bouts of stress can easily cause an imbalance. You do not need to stop fasting or be afraid to try, however. You just need to do it a bit differently to men:
- Listening To Your Body Is Key: Some days you will struggle more with needing to eat. Your natural hormone fluctuations will influence this. On the days where you feel unable to fast, don’t. You will find that the next day may be better.
- Do Not Fast Every Day: Women are best off not fasting for more than 4 days out of the week. This may not be the case for everyone as we are all different. You might find that you can do 5 or even 7 days of fasting or you may find that you can only manage 2 days. That is fine and nothing to be ashamed or worry about.
My hack is that, the days when I am feeling extremely hungry in the mornings. I drink coffee or tea with full-fat milk cream. This will keep the fast on, and your hunger will be diminished. I do not suggest to do that every day, because the nutritional value of this high-calorie drink is minimal. But, ya sometimes is fine :) This is my weight loss drink that I take before meals that keep my digestion healthy
Is There Anyone Who Should Not Practice Intermittent Fasting?
There are a few situations where you should not be fasting for as long as 16 hours or at all:
- If you are pregnant.
- If you are breastfeeding.
- If you struggle with low blood sugar or take insulin shots.
- If you struggle with low blood pressure.
- If you are sleep deprived or very stressed.
- If you have an eating disorder such as anorexia or binge eating disorder (BED).
- Children should not do fasting (fasting for religious reasons is okay, just not fasting all the time).
- If you are on any chronic medication, it is best to speak to your doctor as fasting may make it necessary to change your dose or not be good to do if you have certain health conditions.
There are other ways to fast, for example, fasting for 24 hours twice a week, but these can be harder to do. The 16 hour fast is easier to manage and has amazing results. Have you tried intermittent fast? Please share your experience and questions with us in the comment section. Check out my YouTube channel for videos on losing weight and how to reverse diseases and prevent them.
- Intermittent fasting, particularly the 16-hour fast, can help with weight loss, allow your body to use food and energy efficiently, increase insulin sensitivity, and boost your metabolism, energy, and human growth hormone levels.
- The best way to do it is to stop eating 3 hours before bed and have your first meal of the day be brunch or lunch.
- Eat healthily when you are not fasting and during the feast stage. Include protein and good fats as well as vegetables. Avoid junk food and processed foods.
- You can still exercise as your body will be thriving and be obtaining all the energy it needs form your food.
- Be consistent and be patient while your body adapts.
- You can do the 16 hours fast for as many days per week as you like.
- Women may be better off not doing the fast every day and listen to their bodies. On the days where women feel unable to fast, they should take a break from fasting.
- Breastfeeding, pregnant, chronically ill people, children, those with eating disorders or who are under a lot of stress or sleep deprived, and those on chronic medication should avoid fasting or speak to their doctors first.