Easy Indian Diet Plan for Diabetes & Weight Loss (Veg & Gluten Free)
- If you are searching for an Indian diet plan for diabetes, it is likely that either you or a family member or friend suffers from diabetes and that you are simply looking for the best way to manage it.
- But, it is totally possible to reverse diabetes naturally. You just need to swap high carb ingredients with low carb ingredients.
- The ultimate diet for a diabetic patient is the one that will cure it. This diet chart for diabetic patients includes not only weight loss for diabetics, but a diet plan for diabetics to reverse diabetes completely.
Roti For Diabetics
Singhara aata, we eat only during fasting. Did you know that it is completely gluten-free and does not cause an insulin spike?
- 100 g singhara atta or chestnut flour
- 100 g paneer (grated)
- 1 teaspoon coriander leaves (fresh)
- 4 tablespoons of ghee
- A pinch of carrom seeds
- 1 finely chopped green chili
- Pink salt as per taste
- Knead the singhara atta (chestnut flour) into a dough. Keep it aside.
- Take the grated paneer and add some herbs of your choice to it.
- Mix the paratha dough and grated paneer together.
- Roll the dough into a circular shape. Make sure that it is not too thin as a thin base may stick to the pan while frying.
- Take a pan and heat the ghee in it.
- Place the rolled paratha and fry both sides until golden brown.
- Serve the parantha hot with butter cubes on it.
Bonus Recipes For Weight Loss For Diabetes
Vegetable Cheela Rolls
Ingredients for Cheela
- 1 cup besan gram flour
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- ½ teaspoon jeera or cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ¾ cup water
Ingredients for filling
- 3 cups finely sliced cabbage
- ½ cup bell pepper (shredded)
- ½ cup carrots (shredded)
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons jeera or cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons ghee
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon haldi or turmeric powder
- Mix the dry ingredients required for cheela together.
- Add water to it till it makes a smooth batter. The consistency of the batter must be similar to that of dosa.
- For the filling, heat oil in a pan over a medium flame.
- As the oil gets moderately heated up add the seeds (mustard and cumin).
- Once the seeds start cracking add the chopped vegetables.
- Stir and fry them for around 3-4 minutes.
- Add the spices and the lemon juice.
- Take a skillet and pore in some of the batter. To make a perfect circle spread the batter in a spiral pattern from the centre to outward with a spatula.
- Spread some oil on the batter and let it cook for at least 30 seconds.
- Flip it to the other side cook until both sides are well fried. In order to keep the sides evenly cooked, press the sides with the spatula.
- Once the cheela is cooked, put ½ a cup of fried vegetables diagonally across the centre of cheela.
- The sumptuous cheela is ready to serve.
- It tastes best when served with mango pickle.
- 150 g spinach (chopped)
- 50 g turnip (chopped)
- 10 g dessicated coconut
- 6 g ginger (chopped)
- 50ml coconut milk
- 2 cups of water to dilute coconut milk
- 3 teaspoons olive oil or coconut oil
- Green chili (optional)
- Salt according to taste
- Black Pepper according to taste
- Heavy Whipping Cream for garnish
- Heat the oil over a low flame in a thick bottomed pan.
- Add the chopped ginger and sauté until pink. If you choose to use chili add it now.
- Add the vegetables to the pan and raise the heat.
- Add the salt and pepper cook until the vegetables' juices start to come out.
- Lower the heat and sprinkle in the dessicated coconut and stir it to mix it in.
- Add the diluted coconut milk to the pan and cook on low heat.
- Switch off the heat and allow the soup to cool down.
- Once the soup is cool put it into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Put the soup back into the pan and heat it until it boils.
- Serve the soup with some whipped cream on top.
There you have it, easy meals to include in an Indian diet plan for diabetes as well as a chart to use as an example. Please feel free to update me on how you are doing and if you enjoyed these delicious meals