Best Indian Diet Plan To Lose Belly Fat FAST (Get a Flat Tummy)
- In this article, you will find the best Indian diet plan to lose belly fat.
- Most of the weight loss advice is from the Western world, but it is definitely possible to consume an Indian diet to reduce belly fat.
- Indian food is delicious and can be very healthy when done right. Eat well and lose belly fat fast. No more being hungry.
Many people want a flat belly but have given up after many failed diets. We now know that a flat tummy is not just for good looks. Maintaining a healthy weight is important to live a long and healthy life. There is a lot of information out there on how to lose weight, and most of it is geared towards the Western world. My aim is to give you an Indian diet plan for a flat stomach.
What Causes A Pot Belly
- Liver Problems: Liver problems are a major cause of a pot belly, especially if your liver is inflamed and swollen. An unhealthy lifestyle often leads to non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and alcohol abuse damages the liver too. Luckily the liver is an amazing organ and is able to heal once you start living and eating healthily unless cirrhosis has occurred.
- Hypothyroidism: Thyroid problems can also lead to weight gain. When you have hypothyroidism it means that your thyroid is under active and it slows down your metabolism. One of biggest causes of thyroid problems is toxic chemicals and heavy metals all around us, in our food, and products we use on our skin and to clean our homes.
- Unhealthy Diet And Lifestyle: If you are overeating or eating food that has no nutrients and only puts excess sodium, sugar, and unhealthy fats into your body, your body can’t work as well as it should and you will end up putting on weight. This includes alcohol as the body will try to process the alcohol before any other food leaving excess calories to store as fat.
- Poor Sleep Quality: Not getting enough quality sleep can interfere with the hormones, leptin and ghrelin, which control your appetite, causing you to overeat. Sleeping pills are also not the answer. You can use natural methods to sleep better.
- Stress: Stress is not only terrible for overall health but because of the inflammation chronic stress causes due to the fact that cortisol, the stress hormone, being constantly released, as well as adrenaline. This releases all the stored sugar in your body so that you can fight off the cause of your stress, but if you are sedentary, this extra energy never gets used.
The Best Indian Diet Plan To Lose Belly Fat
As you can tell, it will take more than just a healthy diet to lose weight, but eating healthy is a good start.
1. Get Rid Of Inflammation
Inflammation is the root of all illnesses and is often a culprit for either bloating or the accumulation of visceral fat (fat around your organs, also known as belly fat, though not all belly fat is visceral fat). Avoid or limit the following which can cause inflammation in the body:
- Caffeinated beverages like coffee
- Dairy, particularly pasteurized dairy
- Grains like wheat, rice, amaranth, quinoa, etc
- Meat, poultry, and fish
- Processed and fatty junk food
- Oxidized fats (fats cooked at a heat high enough to damage the fats)
Following a mainly alkaline diet (eating mostly veggies), cook your food safely using the correct oils, and include anti-inflammatory herbs and spices lower inflammation. The following inflammation lowering herbs and spices should be used in your dishes regularly:
- Cayenne pepper
- Tulsi (basil)
Herbs can also improve the health of your liver, even more, reason to include them.
2. Increase Your Vegetable Intake
2/3 of your plate should be veggies. This may seem like a lot, but veggies are nutrient dense and full of antioxidants as well as fiber. A cup each of greens, colorful vegetables, and sulfuric vegetables like onions, garlic, and cabbage ensures good health. Juices and smoothies are a great way to eat more vegetables. They are also a healthier source of carbs.
3. Eat A Low Carb Diet
A low carb diet aids the body in burning fat as the body switches its main source of energy from carbs to fat. Not only do grains drive up your blood sugar levels, but as an inflammation causing food they should be limited or avoided. Carbs are present in:
- Sugary junk foods
- Baked goods
- Rice and other grains
Even some vegetables are higher in carbs like sweet potato and carrots, but these can be included in your diet in moderation. Try it and see if it works for you. Our bodies are all different. If you are diabetic, however, a low carb diet is essential. If you eat a diet full of a variety of vegetables, high-quality proteins (grass-fed beef, lamb, pork, fish, eggs, soaked beans, nuts, and seeds), and healthy fats, it is a perfectly healthy diet.
4. Include Healthy Fats
This is where the secret of losing belly fat lies. The science works like that, when you eat more fat you can go many hours after the meal which will give you fewer cravings and hence less unhealthy snacking. Fat does not make you fat, in fact, you can lose weight while eating full-fat foods. Fat is very necessary for the correct functioning of our body as it keeps our skin healthy, cushions our organs, maintains cell structure, and gives us energy. Include the following fats in your diet:
- Omega 3 found in fatty fish, leafy greens, algae oil, walnuts, flax seeds, chia seeds, and hemp seeds. A krill oil supplement can also be taken daily.
- Omega 6 found in most nuts, seeds, and vegetable oils.
- Saturated fat found in grass-fed meat, eggs, dairy, ghee, coconut oil, and palm oil. MCT oil is one of the best forms of saturated fat that you can eat to boost your energy levels. These are also the foods that contain vitamin D which is important for weight loss.
Saturated fat was previously thought to be harmful, but studies show that this is not the case. In fact, saturated fat also helps to keep you fuller for longer and reduces cravings.
5. Improve Your Digestion
Poor digestion can not only result in nutritional deficiencies but also causes a lot of discomfort and bloating. An unhealthy gut is often the culprit. If you are lactose, carbohydrate, or gluten intolerant, stay away from those foods. To improve your gut health and digestion, the following can help:
- Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV): Raw apple cider vinegar containing “the mother” contains helpful enzymes and probiotics to aid digestion and add healthy bacteria to your digestive system. A teaspoon to 2 tablespoons of ACV in a glass of water before meals help you digest your food and prevent you from overeating.
- Bitters: Bitters is a Swedish herbal remedy that aids digestion, you can take it just before your meals.
- Prebiotics And Probiotics: These are good bacteria that not only improve digestion and gut health but your overall health. You can take a supplement, and/or add foods like kefir, miso, sauerkraut, and kombucha to your diet. Check out more sources of pre and probiotics here.\
Indian Foods That Burn Fat
The following foods help your body to burn fat and are a delicious addition to many Indian dishes:
- Dandelion greens
- Mustard seeds and greens (be careful when you choose mustard oil)
- Curry leaves
- Black pepper
- High protein foods like chicken and beef
Habits That Harm Your Flat Belly Efforts
- Eating too close to bedtime. Eat no less than 2 hours before bed.
- Eating processed foods, yes, even the “healthy” processed foods like cereal bars.
- Drinking alcohol regularly
- Eating too few vegetables
Have you achieved a flat belly? Please share your tips with us. If you are starting your weight loss journey or have been struggling for a while, please feel free to get in touch or share your story in the comments.