How to Cure Diabetes Naturally and Permanently By Following These Tips- Palak Notes
Look around you and realize how often you have heard the word Diabetes. You could be suffering or your loved ones. We have heard it so often that we have even stopped taking it seriously anymore. Unfortunately, the truth about Diabetes is: It is the underlying cause of Stroke, Heart Attack, Degrading eyes, kidney failure, and the leading cause of premature deaths. Fortunately, we can reverse and cure diabetes naturally and permanently. The best part is: "IT IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE"
The Science Behind Reversing Diabetes
It's all about feeding the body the right stuff which does not result in insulin spikes after consuming. Sugar or any product like processed carbohydrates that are directly converted into Sugar into the body is to be avoided. If the body is bombarded with these insulin spikes continuously, it will become insulin resistant, resulting in type 2 Diabetes.
Insulin sensitivity is what we want to increase and insulin resistance is what we have to reverse. (This is the science to reverse Diabetes Period!!) Or how about eating those foods which do not release insulin at all? Did you know that when eating fats, our body does not release insulin at all? Insulin is a hormone (actually a fat-storing hormone). It is released by the body to signal the body "Time To store Fat". Think again, why not eat those foods which do not release insulin a lot. Magic will happen to the body. Your weight will reduce. Diseases will be reversed.
Foods that cure diabetes naturally
Food can be so powerful, I realized only after seeing the positive effects of my diet. We can say all the diseases start because of this and ends because of this. Miracles will happen to your Health, Mood, and Personality when you take inflammations causing foods out of your diet and add the right foods. I used to be an angry young lady. I always thought that's "How I am". I would pick fights and always thought no one understands me. I never thought that this was just the side effects of the inflammatory foods in my diet. Changing the foods I ate, my whole personality changed. Now I am a loving, happy, satisfied, positive and above all a successful person.
Conventional Diet Plans had it all Wrong
We have been often told to stay away from FAT. Fat is demonized so much that people are staying away from Healthy fats as well. Resulting in Low-Fat foods on the market shelves. The reality is that "Eating Healthy Fats" is the foundation of good health. Healthy Fats and Good cholesterol are the building blocks of all our hormones and our brain is 60% Fat, out of which 25% is Cholesterol.
Healthy Fats for Diabetes
- Fish - Wild salmon, mackerel, tuna, sardines, and bluefish are rich in omega-3 fatty acids
- Avocados: They are also rich in Fats and are extremely satiating.
- Seeds and Nuts: Nuts and seeds contain the right kind of Fats that increases good cholesterol. Be sure to soak them before eating. They are also high in Fiber.
- Cook with saturated fats only like Ghee. Add olive oil to your Salad dressings
High Fiber Foods for Diabetes
Fibre helps to slow down glucose absorption. Try to get at least 30g of fibre per day. Some high fibre foods that are good for diabetes are:
- Broccoli: Chromium picolinate is found in high levels in vegetables like broccoli, which is the ideal superfood for diabetics. The mineral chromium is shown to regulate the amount of sugar we take in.
- Sweet Potatoes: It is a low-glycemic index (GI) food, meaning it releases glucose very slowly into the bloodstream. I would not say that they are a superfood for diabetic patients, after all, they are very sweet. But, they are a good source of starch. If you succeeded at all in your life at cutting out grains from your diet completely, you would need foods like Sweet potatoes and other safe starches like Yam and Squash to refill your glycogen stores in your body. The best method for cooking sweet potato is to steam it or bake it. Avoid Boiling!
- Spinach: It is also rich in magnesium. Everybody should be taking Magnesium in the diet since more than 80% of the population is deficient in Magnesium. Our body needs magnesium for 300 biochemical processes in the body.
- Okra - Okra possesses anti-diabetic properties. The viscosity of okra’s carbohydrates helps to slow the uptake of sugar into the blood by reducing the rate at which sugar is absorbed.
Add High-quality Protein into your Diet.
Proteins are like a double-edged sword. If you take too much and those of poor quality, they do more harm. Excess protein is converted into sugar inside the body. Healthy protein options would be:
- Grass-fed Beef or Lamb
- Good Quality Fish
- Free Range eggs - The darker the yolk, the better the eggs are.
Grass-fed beef or lamb is expensive. So eating it twice a week would be a good option. Make sure your beef steak is the size of your palm (Not Full Hand). I advise that if you cook full steak, eat half for lunch and half at dinner.
Spices Good for Diabetics
These spices help lower blood sugar levels. They also improve insulin sensitivity.
- Apple Cider Vinegar. If you do not like the taste of liquid Apple Cider Vinegar. They are available in supplement form as well.
Dr Axe suggests taking Cinnamon oil, Coriander oil, and coconut oil. Mix them and rub on the bottom of your feet
How a Food Plate for Diabetic Patient should look
Three-quarters of your plate should be Vegetables. Green leafy veggies are must here, cooked in healthy saturated fat like ghee or Coconut oil. Remember the more fat you add, the longer you would remain satiated. So, sprinkle some seeds on it after the vegetables are cooked or steamed. A quarter of your plate should be healthy proteins. Fish, Beef, Lamb, eggs, whatever you like. For snacks
- Bone Broth
- Vegetable juice
- Salad with Guacamole Dressing: There was a time when I excluded salad from my diet because I used to get so hungry an hour after eating. I added healthy fats like olive oil, seeds, and a dressing made from avocados, my problem got solved.
No more cravings for the next 3 hours. One needs to find its own macros for sustainable blood sugar levels. Eat mindfully and see whatever you are eating, if you have added healthy Fats and fiber to it.
Supplements For Diabetes
- Magnesium: Optimize magnesium levels naturally in your diet. Magnesium has been studied for years as a form of therapy to improve blood sugar control in people with diabetes. Here you can read more about optimizing your magnesium levels in the body
- Chromium: A mineral that enhances the effects of insulin. Chromium plays a role in the insulin-signalling pathways that allow our bodies to control the amount of sugar we take in, helping to balance blood glucose levels and giving us stable energy.
200 – 600 mcg of chromium picolinate
It was found that when T2 diabetic patients were given a chromium supplement over four months each day, their insulin values and cholesterol levels decreased significantly.
- Vitamin D3: 1000 IU’s per 25lbs of body weight. You can also do a blood test to know your ideal dose.
- Omega 3: 1-2 Grams. Choose Krill oil.
The best supplement for omega 3 is called Krill Oil. It also has ALA in it, so you don't need to take two separate supplements for Omega 3 and ALA.
Exercise for Diabetes Self-Management
Exercise, in general, helps everyone. Brisk walking, jogging, cardio, yoga, pilates, anything is beneficial for health. One should choose the form of exercise according to their health goal. For lowering stress and bringing flexibility yoga is best. If you are doing yoga for long and want to take it to the next level try Pilates.
Mistake #1 in Exercising
The biggest mistake people make is that they would read on the internet that "weight training" is good and without realizing their present activity level they overexert themselves, leaving them all cramped. This demotivates them to engage in that activity again. Or, injures them.
The best exercise for rapid weight loss
The best exercise that has been observed for quick weight loss is HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training) This involves exercising at 90%–100% of your maximum effort for 30–60 seconds in order to burn your body’s stored sugar (glycogen), followed by 30–60 seconds of low impact for recovery. You can adjust the time according to your present activity level. If you are a beginner to HIIT, longer breaks in between the sets are completely fine.
For Example For Beginners: 30-90, 30 secs high-intensity exercise, 90 seconds recovery phase. For intermediate: 30-60, 30 secs of exercising 60 seconds break For advanced: 60-60, 60 seconds exercising: 60 seconds break You can use the elliptical machine, slanting road, or just the floor. Expect cramps in the next 48 hours, if there are no cramps or soreness, I advise to increase the intensity.
While doing this exercise you should hear your heart beating very fast and loud. Twice a week is a good target for healthy weight loss. I do HIIT on the ground itself, without any equipment. I combine different exercises targeting different muscle groups, like the one explained by Dr. Axe here:
Mistake #2 in Exercising
The second mistake that I often see people making is that they will do the same activity over the years. It's great to build routines and follow them. For example, a morning walk is perfect with so many advantages. But, know that a morning walk will not help to build stronger bones. We start losing bone density after our 40´s.
A morning walk is a very low-intensity exercise. With a morning walk, I strongly advise engaging in strength training at least once a week. There is no good or bad time to start strength training. You can start in your 50´s as well. Strength training will improve your glucose tolerance and increase insulin receptor sensitivity. Now, you must be thinking that you are too old to develop muscles. The following statement from Dr. Mercola:
"Remember, you are never too old to start exercising, and strength training in particular only becomes more important with age. My mom is an excellent example of this. She didn't take up strength training until the age of 74! Now, several years later, she's a testament to the fact that you can gain significant improvements in strength, range of motion, balance, bone density, and mental clarity, even if you get a late start"
Diabetes Self-Management Lifestyle change
Stay away from Grains
- They have low nutritional value
- They have a hard to digest a protein called Gluten that irritates your Gut and causes all autoimmune diseases.
- They could be full of antinutrients like mould toxins, lectins, and phytates, which means they will not let other nutrients from the food to be absorbed.
Say No to Sugar
Fat doesn't kill people, sugar does. We have to avoid Sugar and sugar-forming foods inside the body. Refined carbohydrates, for example, will be quickly metabolized into sugar inside the body. This sugar will result in too much insulin in the blood, resulting in insulin resistance. Prescribing insulin for T2 Diabetes is one of the WORST things you can do. T2 Diabetes is caused due to too much insulin in the body. Since, insulin is always high, that the body has now become insulin resistant. In order to reverse diabetes, we have to increase insulin sensitivity.
Remove Dairy from Your Diet
Raw milk is fine. But conventional dairy contains casein. It harms the body and triggers an immune response similar to Gluten. When this epidemic of autoimmune diseases started, doctors started looking for food sensitivities. Mostly the reason would be Grains and Dairy. That's why, even if you do not see any allergies after consuming Diary or Grains, it is still a safe bet to avoid them.
Get your stress under control
I read more than 100 times all over the internet, for better health, get your stress under control. I removed grains, removed dairy, took supplements, but my weight remained stagnated. Things start changing when I took my stress under control. We never realize when stress becomes part of our daily lives. Stress is directly related to weight gain, insulin resistance, and eventually Type 2 diabetes. With tools like the internet at our disposal, we all want more from life. We multitask, we try to do things better each day making it impossible to control stress. But, we can manage stress by:
- Getting sufficient deep sleep whenever possible
- Deep breathing practices
- Forest Bath
- Exercise like Yoga, Dancing
- Laughing Therapy
- Gratitude or Thankfulness, This literally rewires your brain to be positive
New research about Diabetes: Fasting can help 'regenerate diabetic pancreas'
A very new exciting study is coming forward which could potentially become a new diabetes treatment. The doctors are still not sure about the experiments on humans, it is therefore advised not to try without medical guidance. In this diet, people spend five days on a low-calorie, low-protein, low-carbohydrate but high unsaturated fat diet. Then they have 25 days of eating what they want.
This experiment it was found that after this diet they regenerated a special type of cell in the pancreas called a beta cell. These are the cells that detect sugar in the blood and release the hormone insulin if it gets too high. I am tracking the advancements of these tests, as soon as such a diet is made public, I will definitely inform you all.
- One of the biggest reasons behind type 2 diabetes is excessive dietary fructose, which has adverse effects on insulin and leptin.
- Prescribing insulin for T2 Diabetes is one of the WORST things you can do. As T2 Diabetes is caused due to too much insulin in the body.
- Healthy Fats and Good cholesterol are the building blocks of all hormones.
- Prediabetic: Important lifestyle factors help to prevent insulin resistance include Exercise, avoiding fructose, and optimizing your vitamin D levels
- Exercising, and HIIT is one of the fastest and most powerful ways to lower your insulin and leptin resistance.
Buy My Personally Recommended Supplements For Diabetic Patients