3 Quick And Natural Home Remedies For Cold Flu
This article will inform you not only about the natural and home remedies for Cold and Flu and how to get rid of it quickly, but also how to completely eliminate it from your life.
Living in a country with 8 months of the cold season, I have never caught a cold and this is the reason why: My first advice is that when you have a cold or flu do not visit a doctor. The doctor will prescribe you an Antibiotic, which will cure you in 5 days and here you can learn about home remedies that will also cure you in 5-9 days or longer depending upon your body´s immunity. But the Antibiotics which the doctor prescribes you change your Gut flora and you would be more prone to catch more diseases in the near future.
Be sure that little fever during Colds and Flu is perfect for the recovery. A slight fever will help you get rid of the virus quicker and help you to feel better much sooner. Your body temperature rising is good news because viruses cannot reproduce at high temperatures. Also, avoid medications like Asprin and other cold and flu medicines. People who take Aspirin and other cold and flu medications suppress their body's ability to produce antibodies to destroy the cold virus.
When to take Medicine: Only if your body temperature rises above 102 degrees F (38.9 degrees C). Choose Aspirin over Tylenol.
Best Quick Home Remedy for Cold and Flu
Hydrogen Peroxide for Cold
The quickest and the safest remedy I have come across is using "Hydrogen Peroxide", proposed by Dr Mercola. He writes: "Many patients at my Natural Health Center have had remarkable results in curing colds and flu within 12 to 14 hours when administering a few drops of 3 per cent hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) into each ear. You will hear some bubbling, which is completely normal, and possibly feel a slight stinging sensation.
Wait until the bubbling and stinging subside (usually 5 to 10 minutes), then drain onto a tissue and repeat with the other ear. " You can buy a bottle here It is safe for infants and children also. Your kid might scream after having these drops into the ear, but this is because of the unusual bubbling sound and not the pain.
Other Home Remedies for Cold
It could be possible that you do not have a bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide at hand and you are suffering from a cold right now. In that case, I advise the following:
1. Clear Chicken Soup with Garlic, Cinnamon, Turmeric, Oregano, Cloves, Onions and Black Pepper
Chicken and Spices loosen the mucus in the lungs and hence you can recover faster. You can expect to see more mucus expelling out, which is a good sign of recovery. Garlic is antimicrobial that kills bacteria, viruses, and fungi.
1. Warm water with lemon: Drink lots of water. It is good to urinate a lot while sick because it helps to flush the toxins down. If possible drink Warm Water with Leamon for Vitamin C. A quick lifestyle hack that you can integrate into life is drinking one glass of warm water with lemon every day, first thing in the morning. I have been doing this for over 20 years now. Warm Water kicks in my digestion and Lemon for strengthens immunity and I never fell sick again.
2. Drops of Oregano Oil in Water Oregano oil is magic. I recommend to all my clients to have a bottle of oregano oil in the house because it replaces antibiotics directly. Oregano oil has powerful antiviral and antibacterial effects. Caution: Since this oil is so powerful, consume only in case of some conditions like Bacterial and Fungal infections that you see on your foot, Candida and other allergies. Do not consume it more than 2 weeks in a row. I would also not suggest this to a Pregnant woman. The herb oregano is perfectly fine with no cautions. This could be one option.
3. Ginger Tea with Raw Honey and Lemon Not the normal honey, you need Raw honey. There is a big difference between both. Normal honey that is available on shelves on the market is Heated killing all the good properties of the honey, just like Milk. So, go for the Raw one. Manuka is the one I suggest. Ginger is antimicrobial and can help with nausea.
3. Eat Fermented Food
Probiotics found in fermented foods like yoghurt, kefir, Lassi, sauerkraut, and kimchi strengthens the defence against pathogens.
4. Take a hot Detox Bath
Add eucalyptus oil or rosemary oil to hot bathwater. In general, I use Dr Singha´s Detox Bath Salts. This product is world-renowned among Olympics freestylers, professional athletes, massage therapists, chiropractors, and yoga, fitness, and spa facilities.
A Word of Knowledge About Antibiotics
Whenever you catch a cold, it's mostly a virus in your system. Virus and Bacterial infections are two different things. Mostly you are down due to the virus. Till now in medical history there are no antibiotics against Viral infections, still medical mainstream prescribes antibiotics vastly. I even wrote below how to differentiate between Viral and Bacterial infection. One should consult a doctor only in the case of Bacterial Infections. Dr Mercola writes: "Colds are viral in nature, antibiotics are of absolutely no value and should be avoided unless your physician diagnoses a serious secondary bacterial infection.
Supplements for Cold Flu
1. Zinc for fighting the viruses
Zinc helps your immune system to fight off the disease and also has an antiviral effect. It works best when taken at the first sign of illness. 50-100 mg daily. This could be an option. Although, it helps only at the initial stage of the flu.
2. Vitamin D
Vitamin D3 10,000 IU, take 2x daily. 50-100 mg daily. Vitamin D produces 200 different antimicrobial peptides in your body that kill bacteria, viruses, and fungi.
When to Call a Doctor
There are certain symptoms that indicate that you are suffering from a severe bacterial infection and not just a Cold. Severe bacterial infections can conquer the whole immune system if not addressed at the right time. The symptoms are:
- An uncontrollable cough that makes it difficult to breathe
- Severe Ear Pain
- Fever over 102 degrees Fahrenheit (38.9 degrees Celsius)
How to Never Catch Cold Again
Once you are cured or feel a little better. Get your Vitamin D Levels Check. Research shows that the underlying reason for catching" colds and flu may actually be a symptom of vitamin D deficiency. Other reasons could be:
1). Too much Stress in the Life: My dad´s business is at its peak in the month of October and November. Since childhood, I have seen him suffering from Sinus, Cold and Flu in these two months. He has no time for himself for two months. Now, I give him extra Glutathione ( A Master Detox ), Vitamin C, high dose of Vitamin D. I even call a massager in the house to address his stress.
By implementing these simple lifestyle changes, he has now cold-free in October and November.
2). Eating too many Sugars and Grains could be another reason. Replace your sugar with these natural sweeteners.
Catching a cold means your body is telling you that you have an underlying issue that you should not ignore. Viruses are always in the air and everybody faces these viruses. That's why our body has its own detox system to continuously fight off these viruses. When everybody is bombarded with viruses why is it that some people catch the flu and others not. It's time to look at why your immunity has been compromised. There are several lifestyle changes you can do to have a Flu free life, but you can start just by taking Vitamin D daily and start your day with warm water and lemon drops.
Symptoms and Treatments
- Nausea: Have some Ginger
- Cough: Raw honey with Ginger
- Mucus: Chicken Soup with Garlic, Cinnamon, Turmeric, Oregano, Cloves, Onions and Black Pepper
- Severe Fatigue and Muscle Pain: Magnesium (500 Mg )
- Initial Signs of Cold and Flu: Zinc (50-100 Mg per day)
- During Cold and Flu: Vitamin D (5000 IU 2X a day)
How do you cure your cold and Flu? Please share your Grandma´s home remedies for cold and cough with us all in the comment section. "
You Can Buy My Recommended Supplements Here